Saturday 4 May 2013

The leap from words to phrases

So I worked a bit (not much really) with Fi to get the right number of syllables for her words based on the previous speech article I shared, the combination of better hearing post tubes, the clapping method and probably the fact that she is older and has developed, have made a huge difference and her words are very easy to understand, even for strangers, provided they speak Hungarian. She only has a very mild lisp, which is a relief as Lia at this age didn't have any clear consonants.

Fi has a LOT of words, and she is starting to make little sentences, we had the first 4 word sentence yesterday: Mummy, Fi up swing. I suppose I would have got the message had she just said swing, but it was very sweet.

Once again, I have found this article extremely helpful in explaining the Leap to phrases

No comments:

Post a Comment