Sunday 7 July 2013

In 10 years

My posts seem to come in floods, like everything in life. I haven't posted for a while and it's not because I haven't been thinking much, I have, tons, about the final post about long term decision making in the ELL series, about schooling, about my education plans. Life has just been too busy with birthdays, school end, medical appointments, holidays. 
I got my new passport a few weeks ago, it is valid for 10 years. I stopped to pause as it is my first Irish passport, which is kind of a huge thing. What will we do, where will be at 10 years from now? The very first thing that came to my mind is that Fi will have had all her limb lengthening procedures by then or will just be finishing the last one. That was the very first thing. Maniac, scary, hopeful, call it whatever you want, it is my reality. There is an end to this tunnel where she will be able to do all that her peers can and that's what matters to me. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are enjoying the summer. I'm not going to Spain this year, because Sabela is not at a good traveling age right now. :( We'll be sure to go to Madison when you're there, though. Hugs, v

    ReplyDelete