Thursday 7 February 2013

Lia is 4

Lia is turning 4 tomorrow. It is completely shocking, in the midst of all that has gone on in our lives over the last 2 years, she has become 4. I can hardly believe it. It all happens so fast, and I can't help but feel guilty of how little of my attention she gets. of course she gets plenty of my attention, but she doesn't get any of my anxious, all consuming attention, that seems to be reserved for the other 2 these days. She is so easy from birth really, well apart from 2 years of sleepless nights, but I forgot that by now.

She is still a mini me, but a lot less demanding than last year, as she is maturing, she is becoming quite a delightful child, but a major character, with a wicked sense of humor.

Lia is fearless, yet afraid of almost everything at the moment. She has the verbal skills of a 7-8 year old, but can't do a 12 piece puzzle. She is already doing gymnastics and is great at it, yet knocks everything over. She is really low maintenance, yet is always around. I have no doubt that she will remain a person of such paradoxes throughout her life. She is certainly not someone to be told what to do, yet capable of compromise way beyond her years.

I am looking forward to her starting school this September, she can't wait to have playdates like Tara. I also hope she will learn to appreciate Fi a bit more. Fi absolutely adores her, but mostly Lia plays with her big sister, Tara. I will be curious to see how that dynamic will change as Fi gets older.

Pics to follow from bday.

No comments:

Post a Comment