Monday 25 February 2013

Developmental milestones 3

I should really be working now, as always, but I never get around to doing the blog anymore.
So Fi is nearly 21 months.

Fi has been on the list of early intervention as a precaution. She had a few PT sessions, I think she is ready to discharge her.
She had her speech assessed at 9 months and the therapists would call me every few months to ensure that she was on track. She was called in for a formal assessment last week. She did really well, she actually did everything they asked her.

- Choose the block from 5 toys and put it in a box.
- Choose the ball and drop it on the floor.
- Feed the teddy.
- Give mummy the key.
- Then they did the 4 sets of picture she had to show all: the biscuit, car, baby, etc.
- Then loads of body parts.
- I was asked if she was starting to combine 2 words, which she is, she is saying things like: daddy up/dow(stairs), mummy(s)bag, come Tara, daddy sleep, daddy car
- She knows at least 50 words, but I stopped counting. I am doing the syllable clap thing to make sure that she says the right number of syllables. But she actually has a few 3 syllable words now.

So there are no concerns about her speech right now. I will be called for another assessment in about 6 months.

She has started to sit on a strap on chair for meals at our table and is loving it. She can eat really well with a fork and enjoys her independence.

She can bring her little step along and is starting to use it to climb onto taller things like our couch. I am really encouraging this climbing and am hoping she will be stable enough that by her second birthday we can get a few of these IKEA two-step stools to give her a bit more reach.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of fork usage! We make such a mess over here! Sounds like all is going pretty well for Fi!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! She is soooo precious! Hurray for meeting the milestones!

    ReplyDelete